- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Council meeting minutes
- Approves building permits
- Utility Billing
- Financial reporting
- Budget preparation
- Accounts Payable
The Clerk serves as the link between Council and citizens as well as between the Manager and employees.
The office of Clerk for the City of Wellsburg provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Council and the Manager. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Wellsburg Clerk.